I&E Technician Job Description
The Electrical and Instrumentation Technician (I&E Tech) is based out of Leaf River Energy’s Compressor Station, located at 855 County Road, Taylorsville, Mississippi 39168. This is a Monday through Friday position with on-call responsibilities nights and weekends.
This is a great opportunity if you are an experienced Senior or Industrial Electrician, Electrical and Controls Technician, Electrical and Instrumentation Technician (E&I Tech), Engineer, Electric Technician, Compression Technician, Instruments and Electric Tech, or similar. Experience working with equipment manufactured by Caterpillar Natural Gas Engines and Ariel Natural Gas Compressors is a plus.
E&I Primary Purpose:
Implements and maintains electrical power circuits and equipment. Maintains control and automation systems, electronic and pneumatic equipment used in pipeline applications, compressor stations, pump stations, plant operations and measurement facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Duties include installing, inspecting, maintaining, operating, troubleshooting, repairing, and calibrating various mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and electronic equipment. Along with completing all appropriate documentation associated with the duties.
- Perform preventative maintenance checks on pumps, compressors, drivers, and auxiliary equipment.
- Performs Inspection and Maintenance (I&M) checks on all control systems.
- Identify, report, and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, and regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Mentor fellow employees when the opportunity presents itself.
- Maintain electrical switch gear and power distribution
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment as needed.
- Oversee the construction and/or maintenance activities performed by third parties.
- Stay up to date on Operations Qualifications and required training.
- Other duties as assigned
- Two year Associate Degree in job related technical training or equivalent work experience.
Experience / Specific Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of National Electric Codes
- Proficient with electronic test instruments
- Knowledge of process controls and gas processing fundamentals
- Knowledge and experience preparing drawings of electrical circuits
- Knowledge and experience reading and interpreting electrical and mechanical blueprints and diagrams
- Knowledge and experience applying and interpreting results from common electrical measurement instruments (voltmeter, ammeter, ohmmeter, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications such as Excel & Word.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- May be required to achieve and maintain certifications as required to perform job duties.
Competencies, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must respond to, and address, callouts and emergencies (within 1 hour) during and after regular business hours including after dark hours, which require carrying a communication device.
- Must live within a 1-hour response/travel time to the Leaf River Taylorsville facility.
- Overtime may be required and is anticipated.
- Job planning and prioritizing
- Intermediate computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, operating systems, company software).
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals) Good verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focus
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
- Shows the wiliness and has the abilities to advance to the next level.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to frequently climb to and work from elevated platforms, excavated areas, ladders, stairwells, walkways, etc
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward positions, and ability to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist (occasional)
- May work in low-lit areas
- Be available for shift work when applicable.
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge (above the minimum requirements; not required, but advantageous in this position)
- 5 years’ experience in operating and maintaining Natural Gas Engines and compressors.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids and high-pressure systems.
- Knowledge and experience with electronic equipment, high pressure gas, processing equipment, pumps and reciprocating or gas turbine engines and compressors. Particular knowledge and experience working with equipment manufactured by Caterpillar, Ariel is a plus.
- Knowledge of Wonderware software.
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley hardware and software.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned. Job level will commensurate with experience and skill sets. The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
Leaf River Energy Center, appreciates receiving all resumes, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you are interested in applying for an open position please email an updated resume to Van Bui at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Leaf River Energy Center
2500 City West Blvd., Suite 1050
Houston, TX 77042
Attention: Van Bui